Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Revlon Matte Lipsticks: Review and Swatches

Strawberry Suede is the first Revlon lipstick I have ever purchased. And after getting it, I was hooked. I went back to the drugstore and picked up several other lipsticks from their matte line. The matte collection, or at least the ones I have, vary in terms of texture and overall quality. Here are the colors swatched on my arm:

Swatched on arm under artificial lighting.
In the Red:
This is a rich and pigmented brick red. It applies smoothly and lasts for about 5 hours with minimal fading.
Strawberry Suede:
This is the most unique color by far in my collection. It is a warm pink with orange undertones. This, very much like "In the Red", is very pigmented and its formula is super rich and smooth. I believe this color is discontinued; however, I just had to show it here because it is so beautiful, sorry. :(
Stormy Pink:
This lipstick is absolutely awful. I will not comment on the color itself because the texture is so bad that the color doesn't even matter. The formula is incredibly chalky and uneven. It literally shifts around as I apply it and then settles in patches. I am incredibly disappointed.
 Mauve it Over:
This is the ultimate "my lips but better" lipstick. I swear this color is custom-made for me. The formula is great on this one as well.
Smoked Peach:
This is another lipstick that makes me wonder how it made it to the shelves. This formula, like "Stormy Pink", is absolutely awful. It's chalky and dry and simply sits in the lines of my lips. Yuck!
 Overall, the Revlon Matte Lipsticks are great. But make sure you avoid "Stormy Pink" and "Smoked Peach"!
-Jasmine


Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li