Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NARS Laguna Bronzer & Body Glow: Review and Swatches

I know, its mid-March, totally not an appropriate time for summer bronzing products. But since I am not really a tan fanatic, I am not too big on any bronzing products, so I thought right now is as good a time as any to review a couple of NARS bronzing products.

NARS' famous Laguna bronzer is a rather muted taupe shimmer. It is very very smooth and buttery. This is definitely buildable, and I think it gives a natural (not orange) tan, perfect for contouring.
NARS Body Glow is basically a body oil that leaves a gold tinted shimmer when applied. I don't see this as a very practical product just because I personally am not a fan of either body lotion or oil. Unless my skin gets very dry (which it never does), I would never really apply anything on my body (especially during sweaty summers), just because it feels icky. But nonetheless this oil is very pretty, it looks like liquid bronze. Also it has a very pleasant but mild coconut chocolate scent.
Below are the swatches under artificial lighting:
-Jasmine.
Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li