Friday, April 26, 2013

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in "Starfish": Review and Swatch

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner is described as a "color-rich, vibrant, easy-to use liner with staying power". I got the shade "Starfish" from a Sephora's Favorites set during the holiday time. I believe this color is not available any more but I thought I to still give the formula a review, so if you are interested, click.......
I'll cut to the chase, this freaking sucks! For an eye liner that promises to be waterproof, smudge-proof, and long lasting, "Starfish" really just doesn't cut it. It swatches very nicely on the arm, a dark khaki with flecks of gold glitter, but on the lids, it is pretty underwhelming. The formula doesn't glide on very smoothly on the upper lid, mostly because of the glitter in the formula. So I tried to use this on my waterline as well and it hardly made a mark, so I don't where the waterproof part comes in! 

The packaging is one of those twist up dispenser, and that is probably the only thing I appreciate about this product because it means you don't have to sharpen it, but man oh man the formula is just disappointing!

I am simply glad I did not buy this on its own for $26 CAD!
Has anyone tried another of these eye liners in another color, is the formula better?
Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li