Sunday, July 21, 2013

Mermaid's Tail: DIY Julep Cabochon Ring

So after I did the flakie explosion DIY ring a few weeks ago, I finally caved in and decorated my last remaining Julep Cabochon ring, though not to worry, I ordered a whole whack load of DIY earring and necklace "setting sets" (for a much better price) from this site called Sun and Moon Craft Kits. The shipping to Canada was a bit more than I would like to pay but overall I think it will be worth it.
Anyways, for these ones from Julep, you are suppose to paint on the back side of the stone. So from the top to bottom, I used "Make A Spectacle" from China Glaze, "Vanessa" from Julep, "Mermaid's Dream" from Deborah Lippman, and finally a no name teal polish from Cynthia Rowley.
I had a lot of trouble photographing this and I swear the ring looks 100 times more mesmerizing in person!
I don't know guys, I think this is going to turn into a very serious addiction! Also check this out, it's a whole new world of DIY jewellery!
Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li