Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray: Review

I was going to post my "jelly sandwich" manicure today but I thought I'd take a break from the nail posts by doing a product review. I have been wanting to try the Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray for quite while. Urban Decay touts that this product ($29USD; $35CAD) "helps makeup stay put, controls oil, and deflects surface shine" with its fancy formulation created in partnership with SKINDINĂ„VIA. Anyways, I have combination skin, and thus my T-zone gets incredibly oily and shiny, especially during the summer months, so that's why I was super excited about this product. How did things work out? To find out, click......

I will cut to the chase. This product sucks. It literally does nothing for me. Nothing! And what makes it worse is that it costed $35! Good thing I purchased it from Sephora because they allow easy returns.

I followed the directions closely, applying this before I apply my makeup and then also setting my makeup with a few spritz. The first time I wore this, either I put on too much or the product had a strange reaction with the sunscreen I was wearing, the spray settled and dried into patches that I can literally peel off!

I tried it again on another occasion, the patching thing didn't occur but the product did nothing to control oil. So basically, this is no different than a bottle of water in my opinion.

So that's all, this was a huge dud for me. The reviews seem very mixed, some say it does absolutely nothing, some say that it is ok, while other swears by it. Has anyone tried this before? Does it work for you?
Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li