Sunday, October 20, 2013

Beauty Tag: DIY or DFY?

DIY or DFY? When it comes to beauty related things? Do you get creative and "Do It Yourself" or do you trust the professionals and get it "Done For You"?
I saw this creative tag idea from VanityRouge and now am sharing it with you guys, let's get started!

1. Brows: 
DIY, I started plucking my eyebrows since the ninth grade, once I decided on a shape, maintenance was super easy. It makes me cringe when I see girls with stray eyebrows, go pluck them!

2. Hair:
DFY, I trimmed my bangs myself when I used to have bangs and I deal with those pesky split ends when I have the time but coloring and actual styling I leave to professionals. It's probably for the best.




3. Manicure:
Haha, this one is easy, DIY! I never gotten a manicure from a salon before, I always did my own nails. Why would I pay someone else to have all the fun?

4. Pedicure:
Again, this one is a DIY. I even give pedicures for my mom and sometimes my dad because they tend to trim their nails way too short!



5. Body hair removal:
This is a DIY, though I always contemplated getting full body waxing from salons just for fun. I think I started shaving (or rather melting my body hair with those awful smelling Nair) since I was in eighth or ninth grade. Then I switched between waxing and shaving. I much prefer sugar wax but the problem with waxing is that the hair has to be of a certain length or else the wax is not as effective so nowadays I stick with all the sample razors I collected over the years.

6. Makeup for special occasion:
DIY! I long for special occasions when I can go a little more fancy with my makeup! I think in terms of makeup application, I know my skin and color preference the best so it's better if I did my own makeup.

7. Skin: 
DFY ideally. I really do enjoy going to salons and getting facials and special masks, but it's been quite a while since I have done that. Nowadays I am too lazy even for a mud mask...

Alright guys, I now tag ALL OF YOU to do this tag! I am really interested in your answers! DIY or DFY?


Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li